(Please read carefully)
THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into by and between Columbia Valley Inspection Services, referred to as “Inspector”, and __________________________ , referred to as “Client”.
In consideration of the promise and terms of this Agreement, the parties agree as follows:
1. The client will pay the sum of $_______ for the inspection of the “Property”, being the residence, and attached garage or carport, if applicable, located at ______________________
2. The Inspector will perform a visual inspection and prepare a written report of the apparent condition of the readily accessible installed systems and components of the property existing at the time of the inspection. Latent and concealed defects and deficiencies are excluded from the inspection.
3. The parties agree that the “Standards of Practice” (the “Standards”) shall define the standard of duty and the conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the inspection and are incorporated by reference herein. A copy of the Standards is included with this report. If the state where the inspection is performed imposes more stringent standards or administrative rule, then those state standards shall define the standard of duty and the conditions,
4a. The parties understand and agree that the Inspector and its employees and its agents assume no liability or responsibility for the costs of repairing or replacing any unreported defects or deficiencies either current or arising in the future or any property damage, consequential damage or bodily injury of any nature. If repairs or replacement is done without giving the Inspector the required notice, the Inspector will have no liability to the Client. The client further agrees that the Inspector is liable only up to the cost of the inspection (except for issues related to my duties as a Structural Pest Inspector.)
4b. Attorney Fees: The prevailing party in any dispute arising out of this inspection or written report shall be awarded attorney fees and any other associated costs.
4c. Any dispute, controversy, interpretations or claim including claims for, but not limited to, breach of contract, any form of negligence, fraud or misrepresentation arising out of, from or related to, this contract or arising out of, from or related to the inspection or inspection report shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration under the Rules and Procedures of the Expedited Arbitration of Home Inspection Disputes of Construction Arbitration Services, Inc. The decision of the Arbitrator appointed thereunder shall be the final and binding judgment on the Award may be entered in any Court of competent jurisdiction.
5. The parties agree and understand the Inspector is not an insurer or guarantor against defects in the structure, items, components or systems inspected. INSPECTOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE FITNESS FOR USE, CONDITION, PERFORMANCE OR ADEQUACY OF ANY INSPECTED STRUCTURE, ITEM, COMPONENT, OR SYSTEM.
6. If Client is married, Client represents that this obligation is a family obligation incurred in the interest of the family.
7. This Agreement, including the terms and conditions on the reverse side, represents the entire agreement between the parties and there are no other agreements either written or oral between them. This Agreement shall be amended only by written agreement signed by both parties. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, and if that state’s laws or regulations are more stringent than the forms of the agreement, the state law or rule shall govern.
8. Systems, items, and conditions which are not within the scope of the building inspection include, but are not limited to: radon, formaldehyde, lead paint, asbestos, toxic or flammable materials, molds, fungi, other environmental hazards; rodents; security and fire protection systems; household appliances; humidifiers; paint, wallpaper and other treatments to windows, interior walls, ceilings and floors; recreational equipment or facilities; underground storage tanks, energy efficiency measurements; concealed or private secured systems; water wells; heating systems accessories; solar heating systems; sprinkling systems; water softener; central vacuum systems, telephone, intercom or cable TV systems; antennae, lightning arrestors, trees or plants; governing codes, ordinances, statutes and covenants and manufacturer specifications. Client understands that these systems,
9. The Inspection and report are performed and prepared for the sole and exclusive use and possession of the Client. No other person or entity may rely on the report issued pursuant to this Agreement. In the event that any person, not a party to this Agreement, makes any claim against Inspector, its employees or agents, arising out of the services performed by Inspector under this Agreement, the Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Inspector from any and all damages, expenses, costs and attorney fees arising from such a claim.
10. The Inspection will not include an appraisal of the value or a survey. The written report is not a compliance inspection or certification for the past or present governmental codes or regulations of any kind.
11. In the event of a claim by the Client that an installed system or component of the premises which was inspected by the Inspector was not in the condition reported by the Inspector, the Client agrees to notify the Inspector in writing within 14 days of discovery and allow the inspector access to the property prior to repair.The Client further agrees that the Inspector is liable only if there has been a complete failure to follow the standards adhered to in the report or State law. Furthermore, any legal action must be brought within two (2) years from the date of the inspection or will be deemed waived and forever barred.
12. This inspection does not determine whether the property is insurable.
13. Exclusions of systems normally inspected.
Client has read this entire Agreement and accepts and understands this Agreement as hereby acknowledged. Client acknowledges receipt of the standards of practice which applies.
Date: ______________________________________ Day: ___________________________
Street Address: _______________________________________________________________
Buyer Present: Yes No
Agent present: Yes No Agent’s Name: _____________________________________________
Inspector’s Signature Date: _____________________________________Inspection #: ______________
Inspectors Address: 7112 W 5th Pl Kennewick WA 99336 License #: 77102
Client agrees to release reports to seller/buyer/Realtor®: Yes | No
Home Services About Contact Sample Report Pre-Inspection Agreement